Keto Collection - Ancho Chile Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Dried Poblano Peppers for a Spicy Seasoning Blend - 5 Ounce Pouch
- PURE HIMALAYAN SALT BLEND: This delicious ancho chile seasoning starts with a pure whole food - pink rock salt, mined from deep under the Himalayan mountains. We then add dried, pulverized poblano peppers. Sweet, salty, and full-flavored, this convenient blend provides medium heat with an earthy, mildly fruity flavor, hints of coffee and a faint raisin taste.
- A HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVE: Because we use pink Himalayan salt as the base, this diet-friendly, all-natural seasoning is gluten-free, and contains no anti-clumping agents and no MSG. It is a low-FODMAP seasoning and its very low sugar content, so it’s safe for use on most diets, including Keto, Vegan, and Paleo.
- WE START WITH ONLY THE FINEST ROCK SALT: We work with importers who we know bring in the best quality salt, and who have you, the cook, and your family in mind. We work hard to make sure that our pink Himalayan salts are only the best, then we add the purest herbs and spices to work up our delicious blends.
- MADE IN THE USA: The pink salt has its origins abroad, but Caravel Gourmet is proud to be based in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We blend and create our products here in the USA. We are a small business with big ambitions: we want to help you be an amazing chef, who can feel good about what you put on your table, everyday.
- FREE RECIPES: Visit our caravelgourmet.com website for ideas that you can easily incorporate into your daily life - quick and easy ways to use our Himalayan Salt Blends and our Infused, Smoked, and Spicy Sea Salts in your cooking.
Sometimes mistaken for the pasilla chile, the ancho chile is actually a dried version of the popular poblano pepper. Popular in Mexico, the word "ancho" means wide, referring to the chile’s flat heart shape. Ancho chiles are one of the three "holy trinity" peppers of Mexican mole sauce, which also includes pasilla and guajillo chiles.
Part of the Capsicum annuum family, peppers have been part of the human diet in the Americas since at least 7500 BC. While they are now staples in many cuisines, they were not introduced to Europe and Asia until the late 1400s when they were brought to Spain and quickly traded for their variety and as a cheaper alternative to the pricey peppercorns.
We’ve taken this wonderful pepper, which has been naturally dried and smashed, and then blended it with pure, all-natural pink Himalayan salt for a beautiful, delicious seasoning that brings your dishes medium heat and excellent flavor.
Our story: Founded in 2007 in the Pacific Northwest, Caravel Gourmet has quickly grown from a local brand to a national favorite by giving gourmet chefs and foodies alike the flavors they need in pure, natural salts they love. With Caravel Gourmet’s specialty sea salts, your favorite foods become better, naturally.
Caravel Gourmet’s specialty salts and seasonings are crafted here in the USA from exotically-sourced ingredients, so you can become the gourmet chef you’ve always wanted to be.
We Also Recommend
Keto Collection - Wasabi Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - A Perfect Shelf-Stable Blend with All of the Flavor - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Smoked Serrano Chile Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Pungent Heat and Gorgeous Color - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Smoked Sweet Paprika Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Delicious and Smoky - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Korintje Cinnamon Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Cassia Bark -5 Ounce Pouch - by Caravel Gourmet