Keto Collection - Smoked Sweet Paprika Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Delicious and Smoky - 5 Ounce Pouch
- PURE HIMALAYAN SALT BLEND: This aromatic, smoky seasoning starts with a pure whole food - pink rock salt, mined from deep under the Himalayan mountains. We then add our Spanish Smoked Sweet Paprika, made from mild red peppers dried in an oak wood-burning oven before being ground. It is deep orange-red in color, with a smoky flavor and subtle heat.
- A HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVE: Because we use pink Himalayan salt as the base, this diet-friendly, all-natural seasoning is gluten-free, and contains no anti-clumping agents and no MSG. It is a low-FODMAP seasoning and its very low sugar content, so it’s safe for use on most diets, including Keto, Vegan, and Paleo.
- WE START WITH ONLY THE FINEST ROCK SALT: We work with importers who we know bring in the best quality salt, and who have you, the cook, and your family in mind. We work hard to make sure that our pink Himalayan salts are only the best, then we add the purest herbs and spices to work up our delicious blends.
- MADE IN THE USA: The pink salt has its origins abroad, but Caravel Gourmet is proud to be based in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We blend and create our products here in the USA. We are a small business with big ambitions: we want to help you be an amazing chef, who can feel good about what you put on your table, everyday.
- FREE RECIPES: Visit our caravelgourmet.com website ideas that you can easily incorporate into your daily life - quick and easy ways to use our Himalayan Salt Blends and our Infused, Smoked, and Spicy Sea Salts in your cooking.
Paprika is a spice that is made by drying and grinding either sweet or hot red peppers (Capsicum annum). Although popular today in many parts of the Americas, Central, and Eastern Europe, Paprika was first produced in Spain in the 16th century, after pepper explorers brought back pepper plants from the Americas. Our smoked sweet paprika is of the mild variety. Its smoky flavor comes from drying the elongated, dark red peppers in an oak wood-burning oven before grinding. Paprika is packed with health benefits. It is rich in vitamins A, E, B6, and C (more vitamin C, by weight, than citrus fruit), as well as a small amount of capsaicin, the active compound in chile peppers that creates their heat. Capcaisin has been shown to relax blood vessels, which can help lower blood pressure.
Paprika is a key ingredient in several iconic dishes of Central and Eastern Europe. Spanish "patatas bravas," (spicy potatoes) are a traditional tapas dish made with a spicy paprika sauce. Paprika also provides the color and flavor for one of the national dishes of Hungary, "goulash," a flavorful meat stew. In the United States, paprika is often used as a garnish, sprinkled on top of dishes such as deviled eggs to impart color and subtle flavor. However, its flavor becomes more vibrant when gently heated in oil. It is a popular seasoning in sausages, such as chorizo, because it imparts vivid color and a smoky, sweet flavor.
Our story: Founded in 2007 in the Pacific Northwest, Caravel Gourmet has quickly grown from a local brand to a national favorite by giving gourmet chefs and foodies alike the flavors they need in pure, natural salts they love. With Caravel Gourmet’s specialty sea salts, your favorite foods become better, naturally.
Caravel Gourmet’s specialty salts and seasonings are crafted here in the USA from exotically-sourced ingredients, so you can become the gourmet chef you’ve always wanted to be.
We Also Recommend
Keto Collection - Ancho Chile Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Dried Poblano Peppers for a Spicy Seasoning Blend - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Wasabi Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - A Perfect Shelf-Stable Blend with All of the Flavor - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Smoked Serrano Chile Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Pungent Heat and Gorgeous Color - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Korintje Cinnamon Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Cassia Bark -5 Ounce Pouch - by Caravel Gourmet