Keto Collection - Sumac Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Bright and Citrusy and Bold Red - 5 Ounce Pouch
- PURE HIMALAYAN SALT BLEND: This citrusy, bright seasoning starts with a pure whole food - pink rock salt, mined from deep under the Himalayan mountains. We then add our delicious ground sumac, the tangy red powder from the fruit of the sumac shrub, most often used in classic Middle Eastern seasonings.
- A HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVE: Because we use pink Himalayan salt as the base, this diet-friendly, all-natural seasoning is gluten-free, and contains no anti-clumping agents and no MSG. It is a low-FODMAP seasoning and its very low sugar content, so it’s safe for use on most diets, including Keto, Vegan, and Paleo.
- WE START WITH ONLY THE FINEST ROCK SALT: We work with importers who we know bring in the best quality salt, and who have you, the cook, and your family in mind. We work hard to make sure that our pink Himalayan salts are only the best, then we add the purest herbs and spices to work up our delicious blends.
- MADE IN THE USA: The pink salt has its origins abroad, but Caravel Gourmet is proud to be based in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We blend and create our products here in the USA. We are a small business with big ambitions: we want to help you be an amazing chef, who can feel good about what you put on your table, everyday.
- FREE RECIPES: Visit our caravelgourmet.com website ideas that you can easily incorporate into your daily life - quick and easy ways to use our Himalayan Salt Blends and our Infused, Smoked, and Spicy Sea Salts in your cooking.
The deep brick-red berries of the sumac bush, or "staghorn sumac," is ideal for adding a tart flavor to a recipe. Its berry-like, lemony essence gives all the flavor of citrus without the acidic nature. Most typically used in Middle Eastern spice blends and cuisine, this classic seasoning is typically used in za'atar spice rubs or added to tabbouleh salads.
Where some cultures might use vinegar or lemon juice, sumac is used in these cultures for flavor brightness. Our Ground Sumac is lightly salted to accentuate flavor. While Ground Sumac is mostly used as a souring agent in Middle Eastern, mostly Lebanese, cuisine, its roots date back to ancient Greek and Roman times where it was used as a wool dye or for tanning leather. It was later used in medieval times as a treatment for dozens of ailments.
Today, the berry is found to have antimicrobial properties and to be rich in antioxidants, providing support for the colon, liver, lungs and lymphatic system. Sprinkle Sumac Himalayan Salt Blend on fish, chicken or salads Season marinades, salad dressings, soups, hummus Use as a rub for meats prior to grilling Try substituting anywhere you might squeeze fresh lemon juice and sprinkle salt.
Our story: Founded in 2007 in the Pacific Northwest, Caravel Gourmet has quickly grown from a local brand to a national favorite by giving gourmet chefs and foodies alike the flavors they need in pure, natural salts they love. With Caravel Gourmet’s specialty sea salts, your favorite foods become better, naturally.
Caravel Gourmet’s specialty salts and seasonings are crafted here in the USA from exotically-sourced ingredients, so you can become the gourmet chef you’ve always wanted to be.
We Also Recommend
Keto Collection - Apple Cider Vinegar Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Smoked Sweet Paprika Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Delicious and Smoky - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Za'atar Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - the Authentic Middle Eastern Mix of Sumac, Oregano, Thyme, and Sesame Seeds - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Wasabi Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - A Perfect Shelf-Stable Blend with All of the Flavor - 5 Ounce Pouch