Keto Collection - Turmeric Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - The Classic Staple of Indian Cooking - 5 Ounce Pouch
- PURE HIMALAYAN SALT BLEND: This intensely-colored seasoning starts with a pure whole food - pink rock salt, mined from deep under the Himalayan mountains. We then add that wonder-root, ground turmeric, with its anti-inflammation and other health benefits, for a seasoning that tastes and looks fantastic.
- A HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVE: Because we use pink Himalayan salt as the base, this diet-friendly, all-natural seasoning is gluten-free, and no MSG. It is a low-FODMAP seasoning and has a very low sugar content, so it’s safe for use on most diets, including Keto, Vegan, and Paleo.
- WE START WITH ONLY THE FINEST ROCK SALT: We work with importers who we know bring in the best quality salt, and who have you, the cook, and your family in mind. We work hard to make sure that our pink Himalayan salts are only the best, then we add the purest herbs and spices to work up our delicious blends.
- MADE IN THE USA: The pink salt has its origins abroad, but Caravel Gourmet is proud to be based in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We blend and create our products here in the USA. We are a small business with big ambitions: we want to help you be an amazing chef, who can feel good about what you put on your table, everyday.
- FREE RECIPES: Visit our caravelgourmet.com website ideas that you can easily incorporate into your daily life - quick and easy ways to use our Himalayan Salt Blends and our Infused, Smoked, and Spicy Sea Salts in your cooking.
Ground turmeric comes from the root of the Curcuma longa plant, related to the ginger family, which gives it a mild fragrance reminiscent of orange and ginger. This versatile herb is native to tropical Southeast Asia, where it has been harvested for more than 5,000 years. The name "turmeric" comes from the Latin "terra merita," meaning "meritorious earth," in reference to the root's color, which is reminiscent of mineral pigment. Also known as "Indian saffron" because of its similarly intense yellow color, turmeric has been utilized as a dye for curry, traditional yellow mustard and even textiles. Its culinary use dates back almost 4,000 years, to ancient Vedic culture, which gave rise to the traditional Indian practice of Ayurvedic medicine.
The Vedics used turmeric in cooking, and it also had religious significance. Turmeric is still used today in rituals of the Hindu religion, including weddings, and is also used as a dye for Buddhist holy robes. Turmeric is a common ingredient in numerous Southeast Asian and Middle Eastern cuisines, where it is used to add flavor and color to rice, as well as many vegetable and meat dishes. It is a primary ingredient in most commercial curry powders, and is sometimes used to impart a rich yellow color to food products ranging from yellow cake mix to orange juice to popcorn butter to baked goods.
Our story: Founded in 2007 in the Pacific Northwest, Caravel Gourmet has quickly grown from a local brand to a national favorite by giving gourmet chefs and foodies alike the flavors they need in pure, natural salts they love. With Caravel Gourmet’s specialty sea salts, your favorite foods become better, naturally.
Caravel Gourmet’s specialty salts and seasonings are crafted here in the USA from exotically-sourced ingredients, so you can become the gourmet chef you’ve always wanted to be.
We Also Recommend
Keto Collection - Ancho Chile Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Dried Poblano Peppers for a Spicy Seasoning Blend - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Wasabi Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - A Perfect Shelf-Stable Blend with All of the Flavor - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Smoked Serrano Chile Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Pungent Heat and Gorgeous Color - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Smoked Sweet Paprika Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Delicious and Smoky - 5 Ounce Pouch