Keto Collection - Za'atar Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - the Authentic Middle Eastern Mix of Sumac, Oregano, Thyme, and Sesame Seeds - 5 Ounce Pouch
- PURE HIMALAYAN SALT BLEND: This intensely-flavored seasoning starts with a pure whole food - pink rock salt, mined from deep under the Himalayan mountains. We then add Za’atar, an authentic Middle Eastern mix of herbs and spices, featuring sumac, thyme, oregano, and sesame seeds.
- A HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVE: Because we use pink Himalayan salt as the base, this diet-friendly, all-natural seasoning is gluten-free, and contains no anti-clumping agents and no MSG. It is a low-FODMAP seasoning and its very low sugar content, so it’s safe for use on most diets, including Keto, Vegan, and Paleo.
- WE START WITH ONLY THE FINEST ROCK SALT: We work with importers who we know bring in the best quality salt, and who have you, the cook, and your family in mind. We work hard to make sure that our pink Himalayan salts are only the best, then we add the purest herbs and spices to work up our delicious blends.
- MADE IN THE USA: The pink salt has its origins abroad, but Caravel Gourmet is proud to be based in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We blend and create our products here in the USA. We are a small business with big ambitions: we want to help you be an amazing chef, who can feel good about what you put on your table, everyday.
- FREE RECIPES: Visit our caravelgourmet.com website ideas that you can easily incorporate into your daily life - quick and easy ways to use our Himalayan Salt Blends and our Infused, Smoked, and Spicy Sea Salts in your cooking.
Zahtar, or "Za'atar," is a centuries-old spice blend that is traditional throughout the Middle East and North Africa. Bright, tart sumac and nutty sesame seeds accent the earthy, herbal flavors of thyme and oregano, making it a multi-dimensional seasoning with a variety of applications. Virtually every country in the region has its own Zahtar variant, either emphasizing a specific ingredient or adding additional ones, and family Zahtar recipes are often closely guarded secrets and points of pride. In Jordan, Zahtar tends to contain more sumac, while in Lebanon it sometimes contains dried orange zest.
Israeli Zahtar often includes dried dill. Our blend, however, combines the most popular ingredients that are frequently found in Zahtar blends. Given its long history, there are a number of myths and folk legends associated with Zahtar. In Lebanese culture, eating Zahtar is thought make the mind alert and the body strong, a belief that traces back to the Lebanese Civil War of the 1970s and 80s. This fabrication was designed to encourage soldiers to enjoy simple cuisine during lean times.
As a result, Zahtar sandwiches are a common snack among schoolchildren before big exams. We opted to blend our own Zahtar after discovering that many pre-blended products use citric acid for tartness, allowing them to cut back on sumac, or are cut with ground wheat as a filler. Our Zahtar is pure and unadulterated for maximum natural flavor.
Our story: Founded in 2007 in the Pacific Northwest, Caravel Gourmet has quickly grown from a local brand to a national favorite by giving gourmet chefs and foodies alike the flavors they need in pure, natural salts they love. With Caravel Gourmet’s specialty sea salts, your favorite foods become better, naturally.
Caravel Gourmet’s specialty salts and seasonings are crafted here in the USA from exotically-sourced ingredients, so you can become the gourmet chef you’ve always wanted to be
We Also Recommend
Keto Collection - Apple Cider Vinegar Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Smoked Sweet Paprika Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Delicious and Smoky - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Wasabi Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - A Perfect Shelf-Stable Blend with All of the Flavor - 5 Ounce Pouch
Keto Collection - Korintje Cinnamon Himalayan Pink Salt Blend - Cassia Bark -5 Ounce Pouch - by Caravel Gourmet