Himalayan Salt Block - Cooking, Care and Recipes
This beautiful hand-picked Himalayan Salt Block is unique in crystalline structure. Each block is indeed one of a kind and was mined from 500 million-year-old pure ancient Himalayan salt deposits before being hand carved by local craftsman.
This versatile salt block can be used for grilling, searing, curing or cooking and will naturally infuse a small amount of mineral rich salt to your food. It can also be chilled and used to prepare and serve your favorite cold foods, appetizers and desserts. Whether you heat it, chill it or simply use at room temperature you will add excitement and fun for both your guests and your meals.
- Make sure the salt block is completely dry before heating or chilling.
- CHILLING: Place in refrigerator or freezer two hours or more.
- HEATING: On gas stove or grill, slowly bring brick to desired temperature by heating on low for 15 minutes, then medium for another 15 minutes and high for 15 minutes if necessary to your desired temperature. If cooking on the grill, we do not recommend heating with the lid closed due to a build up of pressure which may prematurely cause cracking.
- It is NOT recommended to heat the block in the oven, microwave or on an electric coil.
TIPS & TRICKS
- A high smoke point oil such as grapeseed, avacado or canola can be lightly brushed on the block to help prevent food from sticking. Never pour oil on the brick over an open flame and only a light amount is required.
- Foods releasing liquids when cooked will create a brine and season faster.
- Foods prepared on a chilled block will impart salt faster and should be served immediately.
- Blocks may retain their temperature for more than an hour after removed from heat.
CLEANING & CARE
- Once fully cooled, scrape any food particles from block.
- The salt block is naturally antimicrobial and no soap is required.
- Lightly scrub with a soft brush or soap-free scouring pad.
- Briefly rinse with warm water and pat dry with paper towel or cloth.
- Do NOT submerge in water or place in dishwasher, as block will dissolve.
- Allow block to dry overnight and then store in ziplock bag or air-tight
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR HEATING IN OVEN MICROWAVE OR ON ELECTRIC COIL
VIDEO GUIDE TO COOKING & CARE
In addition to naturally searing and seasoning your food on your Caravel Gourmet Himalayan Cooking Brick can be fun for you and be entertaining for guests. Watch our video below for set up and care instructions as well as to see a few recipes.
RECIPES & SALT BLOCK COOKBOOKS